Dimi has a warm, friendly personality her patients appreciate, along with the certifications and experience to provide professional support for a range of procedures. She is a trusted member of our medical team at Advanced Surgical Technology in Mt. Vernon.
Education and background
Dimi graduated with a Bachelor of Nursing Degree from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in May of 2013. She then advanced her professional career through training as a Family Nurse Practitioner, and obtained Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in May of 2019. She is board-certified by the AANP and is licensed in both Illinois and Missouri.
Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, Dimi served at Anderson Hospital in Maryville, IL on an adult medical surgical floor. Later worked at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon, serving for six years on a pediatric medical surgical floor.
Awards and honors
- Nancy Fedak Ross Nominee 2017, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon, St Louis, MO, nominated by manager
- Daisy Award Winner, March 2017, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon, St Louis, MO, nominated by patients and families and co-workers
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Leadership Award 2013, nominated by faculty and staff
More recently, Dimi became adjunct faculty at Saint Louis University School of Nursing teaching in the simulation lab and health assessment lab for all the different programs.
She has many interests as a nurse practitioner including transitioning pediatric patients into adult care. She plans to continue her studies and research for her many healthcare interests.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Board Certification, expires June 2024
- Certified Nurse Practitioner, Illinois, expires September 2022
- Certified Nurse Practitioner, Missouri, expires April 2023
- RN License Illinois, expires September 2022
- RN License Missouri, expires April 2023
- CPR BLS, expires January 2022
- PEARS, expires October 2020
On a personal note…
Dimi is originally from Centralia, and recently returned to her hometown with her husband, toddler, and her Yorkie. She enjoys shopping and spending time with her family, and is thrilled to be back in the Centralia area, and able to spend time with her extended family in gatherings, and on the lake and at the pool during the summer.