Certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Erika Sato specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body. She performs the latest treatments in cosmetic surgery as well as nonsurgical rejuvenation. Dr. Sato is committed to providing excellence in care, while treating every patient like family.
Dr. Sato was invited to be a visiting plastic surgeon in Kuwait City at the prestigious Quttainah Medical Center and currently has a second part-time aesthetic surgery practice there.
In 2015, Dr. Sato was featured as a main cast member on Bravo’s reality TV show Married to Medicine Houston.
Background and Education
A Missouri native, Dr. Sato was drawn to the field of plastic surgery when she was diagnosed with Binder’s Syndrome as a child. Binder’s syndrome is a rare congenital malformation resulting in undergrowth of the central face and may include elements of the nose and upper jaw. She underwent rhinoplasty surgery as a teenager utilizing cartilage from her right ear to reconstruct her nose. At just 15 years old she experienced how life changing plastic surgery can be, and knew that she wanted to be a plastic surgeon, so that some day she could impact others lives in a similar manor.
After graduating from the Honors College at the University of Missouri – Columbia with a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a Pre-Med emphasis, Dr. Sato went on to finish medical school at the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine. She then completed her general surgery residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston in the world renowned Texas Medical Center followed by a rigorous fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the same institution.
Professional Organizations and Societies
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Active Member in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Active Member in the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Honors and Awards
- Newsweek 2021 America’s Best Plastic Surgeons for Liposuction
- Top Doctors 2020 by Houstonia Magazine
- RealSelf 100 & 500 Hall of Fame Distinguished Inductee
- Top 100 by RealSelf 2017
- Texas Monthly’s Super Doctors: Rising Stars 2017, 2019 & 2020
- Houston Top Doctor by H Texas Magazine 2016 – 2019
- Top 500 by RealSelf 2015 & 2016
- Cover MD Monthly Magazine August 2017
- Featured in VoyageHouston July 2017
- Chosen as a cast member on Bravo’s Married to Medicine Houston 2016