At Advanced Surgical Technology, we provide medical treatments for a wide range of vascular conditions and symptoms.
Venous disease presents an array of symptoms, some of which are life-threatening, others serious, and some cosmetic in nature. Some of the symptoms of venous disease include:
- Spider veins: While not a health risk, spider veins on your face, legs, or other body area are unsightly. Our advanced laser treatments can remove spider veins for good.
- Varicose veins: These ropy, bulging veins are not only unsightly, but often painful, and can be treated to bring you relief from the discomfort and appearance of these veins.
- Bulging veins: If you have a bulging vein, treatment should be performed, as it may indicate the presence of a blood clot blocking circulation.
- Leg pain, aching, or heaviness: Venous insufficiency is a common condition in which the blood flow from the legs to the heart is not performing in a healthy manner.
- Skin discolorations: Venous disease can allow blood to pool in the tissues, leading to discolored skin, swelling, and discomfort.
- Itching, red rash, or flaking skin: Poor circulation can result in a skin condition called stasis dermatitis that requires treatment.
- Leg swelling or cramping: If you suffer from swollen legs or cramping, it is often associated with a condition called venous insufficiency, in which the blood flow from legs to heart is hindered.
- Ulcers or sores on legs: Venous insufficiency can lead to non-healing ulcers or sores on your legs.
- Blood clots: Blood clots can cause swelling in an arm or leg, leg pain, tenderness, cramps, or skin discolorations, or the limb may feel warmer. Blood clots can be a very serious health condition and should be treated immediately.