If you suffer from venous disease in Mt. Vernon and Centralia, we offer an array of the most effective treatments at Advanced Surgical Technology. We offer in-house testing and an in-office lab, as well as same-day appointments if needed.
Types of venous diseases and conditions
At Advanced Surgical Technology, we deliver cutting-edge treatments for a range of venous conditions and diseases, including:
- Chronic venous insufficiency: This condition involves blood pooling or collecting in the leg veins, as it is unable to return to the heart as it should. It may be the results of faulty vein valves or the result of a blood clot, lack of physical exercise, obesity, pregnancy, smoking, or a family history of developing blood clots.
- Venous hypertension: This condition is high blood pressure in the veins, caused by a backflow of the venous blood which can force the one-way valves in the veins open.
- DVT (deep vein thrombosis): A blood clot forms in one of the deeper veins, typically in the legs.
- Varicose veins: Varicose veins are often painful and unsightly. They are dark purple or blue and have a bulging appearance, often presenting symptoms such as throbbing, itching, cramping, swelling, or skin discolorations.
- Spider veins: Spider veins often appear on the face, around the nose, or on the legs and torso. They are smaller veins, close to the skin surface, and are red, blue, and look like a twisting web of lines.
- Bulging veins: Bulging veins can be a symptom of several venous conditions and diseases, including faulty vein valves leading to varicose veins, thrombophlebitis (blood clot), or DVT.